HOW SLOWING DOWN CREATES NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
‘Slow Down’ was the most powerful lesson I learned in 2019 and it’s become a daily mantra for me.
I was in a race against myself much of last year, desperate to make my coaching business work having pivoted from my consultancy that had earned me a steady income for 7 years.
Making the change was big and scary, and moving into the coaching space was confronting in more ways than I ever imagined.
If I didn’t have my business and marketing background, I’m not sure I’d have made it.
I love the fact that I now get to support other coaches as they make the same journey.
That’s the wonderful thing about coaching – you only need to be a few steps ahead of the people you coach! And with my marketing background and business experience, I’m grateful that I can help.
I nearly raced myself into the ground last year, trying every strategy under the sun – learning what worked and what didn’t.
In that race, I missed opportunities and didn’t hold focus as well as I should have.
Since I learned to slow down, everything is flowing with more ease and opportunities are presenting clearly.
5 WAYS I SLOW DOWN
- I’ve committed to exercise every day as part of my routine. Taking this hour for myself clears my mind, energises me, and gives me space to gain perspective.
- I limit my time on social media (3 blocks of time a day) and spend an equal amount of time time engaging with other’s content and creating my own. This means I’m building a tighter community, learning and being inspired while [hopefully] inspiring others.
- If I feel myself going at warp speed [usually identified by feeling stressed and accomplishing nothing!] I get away from my desk and make myself a herbal tea, usually taking the first few sips downstairs looking out over the garden. This change of scenery shifts my energy and calms me down.
- I cuddle my cats. Seriously – this is such an effective way for me to feel gratitude and gain perspective. It’s one of the most calming things I do each day, rescuing my furbabies has literally changed my life!
- I Go Back To Plan. Whenever I’m feeling confused, lacking confidence, losing focus I look at my One Page Plan that’s on the wall of my office. I remember why I’m doing this, I refocus on my strategic priorities, and I keep going.
What was your biggest lesson last year? Share in the comments below ⬇️
PS. If you’d like support slowing down and gaining balance and control in life and business, email me to find out how we can work together.
I'm Sally Oddy
I'm a girl who fell into marketing 20 years ago and never looked back! I love popcorn, reading and working from home with my cats on my keyboard! (if you know, you know!) My mission? To help others express themselves in their businesses enjoying the impact and income they truly desire!
Let's do this together xx
MEET SALLY ODDYBUSINESS MENTOR + FOUNDER OF FIVE FIGURE FOUNDATIONS
Sally works with soulpreneurs, pouring over 20 years experience into their hearts, minds and businesses.
Passionate about living life on purpose, Sally is all about honouring and accepting the fullness of self.
In-powering her clients to experience life in beautiful, bold, expansive ways is how they create and attract abundance and success into their lives.
Guiding her clients to dive deeply into their vision and mission, Sally shares her aligned approach to building online businesses that have a deeply positive impact in the world.
Sally is a Yorkshire Lass who grew up in 80's South Africa and is on a mission to inspire you to fulfil your dreams and potential in order to create a more in-powered and happy world.
Next Step: Book a 20-Minute Marketing Brainstorm with Sally!
If you're a coach, consultant or online soulpreneur doing under £10k a month, you might be just a few strategies, tactics and tools away from doubling your leadflow, revenue and impact.
In this fast-paced 20-minute brainstorm, we'll...
- Take a look at your marketing, sales and delivery systems to see what is/isn't working.
- Review your niche, offer and pricing to identify what's possible for you in the next 90 days and beyond.
- Uncover the Number 1 Bottleneck restricting your growth and holding you back from scaling.
- Develop a 3-step action plan that will get you results in your business ASAP.