HOW SLOWING DOWN CREATES NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
‘Slow Down’ was the most powerful lesson I learned in 2019 and it’s become a daily mantra for me.
I was in a race against myself much of last year, desperate to make my coaching business work having pivoted from my consultancy that had earned me a steady income for 7 years.
Making the change was big and scary, and moving into the coaching space was confronting in more ways than I ever imagined.
If I didn’t have my business and marketing background, I’m not sure I’d have made it.
I love the fact that I now get to support other coaches as they make the same journey.
That’s the wonderful thing about coaching – you only need to be a few steps ahead of the people you coach! And with my marketing background and business experience, I’m grateful that I can help.
I nearly raced myself into the ground last year, trying every strategy under the sun – learning what worked and what didn’t.
In that race, I missed opportunities and didn’t hold focus as well as I should have.
Since I learned to slow down, everything is flowing with more ease and opportunities are presenting clearly.
5 WAYS I SLOW DOWN
- I’ve committed to exercise every day as part of my routine. Taking this hour for myself clears my mind, energises me, and gives me space to gain perspective.
- I limit my time on social media (3 blocks of time a day) and spend an equal amount of time time engaging with other’s content and creating my own. This means I’m building a tighter community, learning and being inspired while [hopefully] inspiring others.
- If I feel myself going at warp speed [usually identified by feeling stressed and accomplishing nothing!] I get away from my desk and make myself a herbal tea, usually taking the first few sips downstairs looking out over the garden. This change of scenery shifts my energy and calms me down.
- I cuddle my cats. Seriously – this is such an effective way for me to feel gratitude and gain perspective. It’s one of the most calming things I do each day, rescuing my furbabies has literally changed my life!
- I Go Back To Plan. Whenever I’m feeling confused, lacking confidence, losing focus I look at my One Page Plan that’s on the wall of my office. I remember why I’m doing this, I refocus on my strategic priorities, and I keep going.
What was your biggest lesson last year? Share in the comments below ⬇️
PS. If you’d like support slowing down and gaining balance and control in life and business, email me to find out how we can work together.