Abundance is in the eye of the beholder
The term abundance is everywhere – but what does it really mean and how do you know if you have it?
Abundance essentially means having more than you need…so it’s good to think of it as simply a perspective choice – a way of viewing things.
Money is a great way to demonstrate this concept, because it’s the thing loads of people feel a sense of fear / lack / scarcity around.
If you can shift your money perspective into abundance – you have the ability to shift your entire world view into abundance.
How cool is that!?
So here’s the scenario:
Once my bills have been paid I have £157 in the bank. It’s all the money I have in the world and it has to see me through to my next pay cheque.
I have a simple perspective choice to make:
1. Cower in fear that I have so little money / not enough money / can’t afford the nice things I want / don’t earn enough money / can never save money / getting more money is impossible / be terrified of spending money but somehow emptying my bank account in no time!
2. Feel thankful that I have more than enough money to pay all my bills and still have loads left over!
You see – a simple perspective choice can completely shift you out of scarcity and into blissful abundance.
Once you shift into an abundant state of mind, you start seeing the abundance in your life literally everywhere you turn:
- The amount of bubbles in my bath
- The number of towels in the linen closet
- The number of rooms in my house
- The tins of food in my cupboard
- The number of books on my shelf
- The love I hold in my heart
I am surrounded by blissful abundance and am truly truly grateful
It’s also all around you in business – again, it’s simply a matter of perspective choice:
1. I only won 2 clients this month – I should have won 6, I’m a failure, no-one wants to work with me, everyone else wins 6, I’m not good enough, this will never work.
2. Wow – 2 people chose to work with me this month! My business is growing and I can really focus on delivery. It feels great to get paid for my gifts! Everything is going in the right direction and I’m learning all the time!
There you have it: Abundance is in the eye of the beholder.
Has that shifted your perspective? Let me know in the comments.
I'm Sally Oddy
I'm a girl who fell into marketing 20 years ago and never looked back! I love popcorn, reading and working from home with my cats on my keyboard! (if you know, you know!) My mission? To help others express themselves in their businesses enjoying the impact and income they truly desire!
Let's do this together xx
MEET SALLY ODDYBUSINESS MENTOR + FOUNDER OF FIVE FIGURE FOUNDATIONS
Sally works with soulpreneurs, pouring over 20 years experience into their hearts, minds and businesses.
Passionate about living life on purpose, Sally is all about honouring and accepting the fullness of self.
In-powering her clients to experience life in beautiful, bold, expansive ways is how they create and attract abundance and success into their lives.
Guiding her clients to dive deeply into their vision and mission, Sally shares her aligned approach to building online businesses that have a deeply positive impact in the world.
Sally is a Yorkshire Lass who grew up in 80's South Africa and is on a mission to inspire you to fulfil your dreams and potential in order to create a more in-powered and happy world.
Next Step: Book a 20-Minute Marketing Brainstorm with Sally!
If you're a coach, consultant or online soulpreneur doing under £10k a month, you might be just a few strategies, tactics and tools away from doubling your leadflow, revenue and impact.
In this fast-paced 20-minute brainstorm, we'll...
- Take a look at your marketing, sales and delivery systems to see what is/isn't working.
- Review your niche, offer and pricing to identify what's possible for you in the next 90 days and beyond.
- Uncover the Number 1 Bottleneck restricting your growth and holding you back from scaling.
- Develop a 3-step action plan that will get you results in your business ASAP.