A NOTE TO MY 30 YEAR OLD SELF…
As another year draws to a close I’m both reflective and super excited!
2019 has been a momentous year for me – filled with huge changes and lots of ups and downs as I pivoted from consulting to coaching and pretty much built a brand new business for myself!
2020 is already pulling me with the promise of breakthroughs, triumphs and celebrations and I’m brimming with positivity for what’s to come!
But before I hurtle headlong into the bright lights of 2020, I’m going to be turning 45 and that’s got me reminiscing about my 30 year old self…and more specifically what I’d tell myself now if I could loop back through time!
So, here’s a few highlights of what I’d tell 30 year old Sally Robinson…
- Stop being so sad about being alone – your Mr Right is just around the corner!
- Spend as much time as you can with your Mum – her time here is limited.
- Open yourself up to, and invest more time in, your friendships – you need a good support system around you.
- Stand your ground – don’t let people bully or grind you down.
- Enjoy your international marketing career – don’t get so stressed – take it all in!
- Trust your instincts – they will rarely lead you wrong.
- Really consider if you want to have a child of your own as soon as possible – don’t put it off!
- Be less judgmental – you will never understand the path someone else has taken.
- Stop spending so much money on crap you don’t need – you’ll need the cash down the line and the clutter will overwhelm you and keep you stuck!
- Start saving and pay into your pension!
- Reawaken your passion and purpose and incorporate them more into your life.
- Wear sunscreen on your face Every Day!
- Stop using home hair dye – it will wreck your hair.
- Exercise more – the weight creeps on and is harder to lose.
- Start a blog – it will help you rediscover your love of writing!
What would you share with your younger self?